Saturday 28 May 2011

Two excellent anniversary ideas

What a great idea to celebrate The Guardian's 190th anniversary. The news stripped bare and all on one page, just like my Tweetdeck. Have we come full circle in news presentation? Could catch on. I see a rich vein of design consultancies ahead. Meanwhile there's another great anniversary idea over at the Independent. Ninety Prince Philip gaffes to celebrate his 90th birthday. Laugh out loud stuff.  
A couple of examples: "It looks as though it was put in by an Indian." The Prince's verdict of a fuse box during a tour of a Scottish factory in August 1999. He later clarified his comment: "I meant to say cowboys. "I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up."
"If it has four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." Said to a World Wildlife Fund meeting in 1986.

No comments:

Post a Comment