Thursday 26 July 2012

Apps v newsprint ... which wins?


So how many of you have cast aside your daily newspaper and opted for the app version only? Is it like quitting smoking? Reaching for the paper when your coffee arrives only to realise you have to download today's edition on to your iPad? Well, I recently quit reading national newspapers ... a habit I have had for almost 50 years. More specifically, I stopped reading newsprint. Instead I spent a month gaining my daily news fix from a range of apps. I have to say it was less painful than I expected and some of the apps, particularly The Times, had worthwhile extras. My briefcase was a lot lighter too. But now I am back with the old inky stuff, at least for the time being. Find out why in this article, in the latest InPublishing magazine.

1 comment: